Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Bald Head - Girl Power

If I am not mistaken, women shaving or cutting their hair short has always been looked at as an empowering movement. Think of these movies: The Legend of Billie Jean, Empire Records, V for Vendetta, Joan of Arc…. The one thing all these movies had in common is a woman with hardly any hair overcame obstacles and has come out a stronger person.

Why first reaction to this big hoopla…. “WHY HAS NO MEDIA TOUCHED UPON THIS?”

Yes, it’s true. The media needs to sell stories… “So let’s call Britney CRAZY, and reach our 10 million readership!” This is simply insane. Britney Spears is fed up. I am sure we can all agree on that. My first thought when she shaved her hair was, “Right on, sister!”

I recall this one day when I was letting my hair grow out. I was so frustrated with trying to keep it tamed and styled. I walked into some ghetto-ass fade salon and told the guys to just shave all my hair off.

After having extensions in her hair for almost 10 years, and serious hair-dying sessions, Britney’s real hair must have been fried. She also said that she was tired of people poking at her head. That doesn’t sound crazy to me….

Britney has always been looked at as a role model for young women. She came from Kentwood, LA and has transformed into a household name. The woman got a drastic haircut. That’s all…. And an empowering one, at that!

I say these rude, nasty, obnoxious celebrity writers need to watch out because Britney is going to GI JANE their asses!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I just can't believe it! I saw her on a cover of a magazine in the grocery store today and she looked sooo bad. But I do agree it takes BALLs to cut off your hair-like the ultimate call to the world-look at me I just dont give a fuck!
I wish I could shave my head. I give her props.
Oh and I like the blog! I'll be checking back...give me some good stuff.
LOVES YA